Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In Memory of my Dad!


This is a picture of a rose bush that is now blooming in my yard. The rose bush was given to my mom from her brothers and sisters after my dad died and this last spring we transplanted the bush to our new home. I have been so worried that it wouldn't survive the move but it looks so beautiful that I thought I would take a picture and share a few thoughts about my dad. My dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor in July of 2003 and passed away in June of 2004. He is an incredible man. I learned many things from my dad and many things about myself just from being around him. He loved the outdoors, riding his 4-wheeler, camping, dutch oven cooking. He also loved to help anyone. That's why he was involved in the fire dept. and search and rescue. He coached soccer. He was my coach for 9 years and then went on to coach my sisters team for years after that. One of the memories my kids have of papa was sitting next to him in church and reaching in his suit coat pocket and finding candy just for them each Sunday. I miss having him around to see what my kids are learning but I'm sure he gets to check in on them from heaven every once in awhile.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

That was great, you should make sure Cory reads it. I think he could use a good memory now and then.

Priscilla said...

That's beautiful. You're a really strong person - I admire your strength and faith through all the great losses you've had in your life. I guess that's one of the best things about having a knowledge and understanding of the gospel, to rely on during those times. Sounds like you do...