Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Inkom Flood

This was a 4th to remember... We had a great morning, enjoyed the parade and time with family. (Happy pictures to follow in a later post.) We went to soda to spend some time with Dustin's dad on his birthday and we got a call from a neighbor saying our street was a river and our home was flooding. There was a freak storm it rained for less then 15 minutes with golf ball sized hail. It caused awful damage farther up the creek and the culvert near our home was just one to be filled up with junk. We hurried home as quickly as possible and these are the pictures after the flood receded. We are so grateful for the wonderful friends and neighbors we have. Luckily we replaced the windows this spring and only one let some water in. We have a little carpet to clean and we'll see what happens with the yard in the days to come. We are really blessed no one was injured and hopefully everyone will sleep well after all of the excitement we had today.

4 comments:

Betty Wasuita said...

Wow! Thanks for the pictures. It's amazing what can happen in such a short time. I'm so glad your inside damage wasn't too bad. It's a good time for community unity and helping each other. I LOVE INKOM.

Priscilla said...

I was wondering how bad it was for you guys, being so close to Rapid Creek. Glad everyone's okay, but so sorry to see all the damage! Especially your poor garden. :(

Kaylene said...

I'm Laura N.'s cousin and she linked you on her blog. My heart goes out to you. I lived in Houston Texas during a few hurricanes and your photos remind me of the morning after Hurricane Ike last September, in a lot of ways the water damage far outweighed the wind and debris damage. My heart goes out to you. I hope your garden will perk up, and you'll still get some of the fruits of your labors.

Jessica Potter said...

What a crazy mess! It was so good to see you! I wish I could have spent some more time visiting! Glad your home is ok.